The wellbeing, comfort and safety of all guests staying at Woodlands is our priority. The COVID-19 ‘new normal’ places additional responsibilities on us all to keep ourselves and each other safe whilst still providing plenty of opportunities to relax and enjoy the best of the Scottish Highlands.
We hope that everything we are doing will ensure guests have the most fantastic holiday in the Highlands. In these challenging times, we are grateful for bookings and want to reassure everyone of our usual warm welcome and hospitality.
Actions We Have Taken
- We have completed the Scottish Government COVID-19 risk assessments for both bed and breakfast rooms as well as our Willow self-catering accommodation.
- We have been awarded the “We’re Good to Go” industry standard mark in recognition that Woodlands B&B follows government and industry COVID-19 guidelines, awarded by The National Tourist Organisations of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.
- We have achieved accreditation and certification through the AA COVID Confident assessment scheme.
- We have introduced a more flexible cancellation policy allowing guests to cancel up to 48-hours before their stay. From 4 January 2021, the Scottish Government announced a new set of Covid-19 regulations. All of mainland Scotland will enter full lockdown. This means that hotels, bed and breakfasts and self-catering accommodation are unfortunately closed to holidaymakers. In addition, cross border travel into and out of Scotland, except for the most essential of purposes, is not permitted. As a result, we have taken the decision to close our bed and breakfast rooms and self-catering accommodation until 15 February 2021. This date remains subject to change in line with government guidance.
- We are operating a 24-hour window between bedroom occupation.
Check-In and Check-Out
- We will ask guests their estimated check-in and check-out times to ensure that social distancing can be maintained.
- Contactless payment is available.
- We kindly ask everyone to continue to maintain 2 metre social distancing at all times including at breakfast time.
- Hand sanitiser is in place at reception and in Willow self-catering which must be used by guests on every entry to the property. Guests may use their own sanitiser if they prefer.
- To comply with Scottish Government law, for your safety and the safety of others, please remember to wear a face covering when: moving around in public/shared areas of Woodlands; entering and leaving the breakfast room; making enquiries during your stay; and when checking in and out.
- We have removed books and other permanent literature from rooms and public areas. These have been replaced with single use tourist information leaflets. Our breakfast menus are also single use.
- New cleaning protocols and products have been introduced for use in all areas. This includes Airbnb’s ‘Committed to Clean’ protocol. Additional PPE will be used when cleaning rooms and other areas.
- We have completed certified COVID-19 awareness and hospitality safe practice training courses.
- We will follow new recommendations and advice from the Scottish Government as they are communicated to us.
- We will take all reasonable actions but are unable to provide a 100% guarantee given the nature of the COVID-19 virus.
- We kindly and respectfully ask our guests that if anyone in their party is showing symptoms of COVID-19, Scottish Government guidelines are followed and to self-isolate at home. With many thanks for your support.
We look forward to welcoming you and sharing the beauty of the Great Glen.
Robert and Isabelle